Based on the properties of the skin, a therapeutic technique appeared in 1952: Mesotherapy.
In 1960 the founder of Mesotherapy, Doctor Michel Pistor started to teach its principles at the Ecole Nationale veterinaire d Alfort ( national vet school).
This minimally invasive technique carries little risk and used mainly in canine and equestrien medicine. It allows treatment of a number of afflictions principally trauma and sport injuries.
The two main advantages :
- reduction of side effects
- reduction of the doses injected.
Indications and field of application :
In veterinary medicine, Mesotherapy is mainly concerned in locomotive problems. It is particularly good in treating pain from osteoarthritis, dorsal problems, sprains, tendonitis, and cramps.
- Muscular disorders- strains, cramps, bruising, tears, contractions, shocks
- Ligament problems
- Rickets disease
IN CANINE MEDICINE :
- Cataracts and deafness
- Lumbar neurodermatitis
- Painful joints
- Square diseas
IN HORSE MEDICINE :
- Degenerative osteoarthritis
- Traumatic paralysis of the metacarpals
- Exostosis and phlebitis
There are two types of injection :
- Intradermal superficial <2mm
- Intradermo reticulare >4mm
PISTOR ELIANCE PISTOR 5 PISTOR 4 CONSUMMABLES