Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage or described in terms of such damage.
Pain is therefore a perception whose form and intensity depend on many personal factors: the experience, the socio - psycho - cultural experience, the psychic and social state of the moment.
• Sensitivo-discriminative (suffering in his "flesh") Individual scale of quantitative and qualitative pain
• Emotional (suffering with "heart") Anxio-depressive manifestations in relation to the initial disease alter the pain
• Cognitive (suffering in the "head") Linked to the painful experience of the patient: attitude, verb, vegetative reactions
The theoretical rhythm is for an acute condition (less than 3 months) a session every week for 3 weeks. It is after this 3rd session of mesotherapy that we begin to evaluate the effectiveness of the technique. For chronic conditions (more than 3 months), a session every 15 days is usually performed, also for 3 sessions. Efficacy is also assessed after the 3rd session.
Anti-pain mesotherapy should be practiced by experienced physicians who have received adequate training. (D.I.U of mesotherapy).
These injections are performed after a complete clinical examination to locate the pain target as well as possible.
There are a dozen products available in pain mesotherapy depending on the etiology of the pain and the symptoms presented: the discomfort may be related to edema, muscular contracture, sequential inflammation of a sprain on ligament ... Mixtures may To be evolutionary according to the evolution of the patient's symptoms.
Mesotherapy uses products of the classical pharmacopoeia, which have the Marketing authorization (MA) as injectables. The mesotherapy can be carried out with a single active ingredient or with the aid of known mixtures comprising at most three compatible elements.
PHARMACOPOEIA OF MESOTHERAPY :
• procaine or lidocaine
• a.i.n.s. : Piroxicam, diclofenac, aspirin, ketoprofen
• Myorelaxants: thiocolchicoside, meprobamate
• Neuroleptics and antidepressants: clonazepam 1mg, clomipramide 25mg, amitriptylline 50mg, tiapride
• Homeopathic injectables: capsicum anuum 4dh
Mesotherapy is a simple and inexpensive technique to treat pain with the least amount of product possible without taking any risk (very undesirable side effects). It is therefore a technique of choice in fragile patients and presenting a chronic pathology requiring a continuous treatment.